Werewolf: Player Guide
|Character Creation||The City||Directory: Werewolf: the Foresaken||Werewolf Cast List||House Rules|
|Society||History||About the Venue||Locations||Player Guide|
Werewolf Player Guide
Like most animals, we spent a large part of our lives engaged in
the three Fs of basic survival. Feeding, fighting and…reproduction.
- Kelly Armstrong, Stolen -
- Werewolf House Rules and Clarifications
- Thrice Born
- Status: Hayes Family
- Custom Items and Powers
Pack Experiences are not in use
Packs may be formed either pre-creation or IC, but only involves PCs or those directly represented with merits; no ‘Secondary’ characters are created. Totems are created normally.
Packs do gain the normal 5 dots of Pack merits, but other dots must be purchased by individual characters contributing their personal Experiences.
Hunting Natures are not in use, due to the difficulty of keeping track. No drawbacks or benefits of the conditions are gained.
Packs may purchase and use Pack Tactics of any level as well as use them spontaneously, though the latter may only occur in a scene with a Storyteller, who will approve their use on the spot; this does not guarantee every staff member will allow the same one in the future.
Tactics must be purchased via individual pack members contributing Experiences Developing learned Pack Tactics for purchase follows the same guidelines as other Custom Creations.
To clarify, the Primal Instincts Tell is required for Wolf-Blooded to participate in Pack Tactics. Non-Werewolves otherwise cannot do so.
Wolf-Blooded Changing to Another Faction/Template-Former Wolf-Blooded characters retain ONE tell when changing into anything besides a Werewolf. Any additional Tells purchased are lost with all other Wolf-Blooded merits.
- Shadow Twin (Tell), Second Skin (Tell)
- Family Status-Hayes
- Treated as higher rank above wolfblooded.
- Respected by Uratha who know the story of how the Thrice born came to be.
- Help from the Hayes Family when needed.
- They can only join packs with other Thrice-Born or PC’s with Family Status-Hayes
- They cannot take the Neighborhood Merit, even as pack members.
- They cannot hold Territories, as they are servants to all Uratha.
- If the Wolfblood undergoes the First Change, they will lose both the Second Skin and Shadow Twin merits.
When a Thrice Born undergoes the First Change, they are no longer considered Thrice-Born. Unlike other blooded changes, they lose both Second Skin and Spirit Twin tells. XP spent for those merits will be refunded back. They will retain a permanent dot of status in the Hayes family, or gain a second to reflect their service as a Thrice-Born. (Note: only if the change happens IC. This does not apply to Uratha who started the game as changed Thrice-Born. This applies to characters created after this merit was implemented, and will not be applied to current characters who have thrice-born in their background, OR to characters who started the game thrice-born and underwent the first change.)
The needs of the Uratha come first to the Thrice Born, and they have a tendency to take on whatever responsibilities are asked of them, so long a it will not directly harm their brothers and sister.
There’s no true structure to the Thrice Born, other than the fact that a request from Michael Westbay is as a law to the Thrice Born. As the eldest of the most prominent family, he acts as a distant patriarch to his kin. The Thrice Born themselves try to meet at least once every month or two, generally at a Tur or a business owned by one of their own, to discuss happenings, any of their own that are close to their First Change (of which they have a strange reaction to…), and any other of the banal items of life that have come up.
While a Thrice Born who undergoes the First Change still sees it as a great privilege, the rest of the family tend to feel sorry for the Thrice Born, as their brothers or sisters (their Shadow Twins and their Second Skins) are absorbed into the physical sibling’s form. Thrice Born who have undergone the First Change speak of it as becoming fully whole for the first time, and they may actually be correct. Thrice Born who know a member that has undergone the First Change will still speak to them when they are seen, but will talk of them as if they died during their First Change.
- Thrice Born and/or Last name Hayes
- Status 1 - Ronald Hayes has indoctrinated you into the family. You gain access to use the family Locus freely. This also comes with free housing at the Hayes family estate as well as a family that will back you up through thick and thicker.
- Status 2 - You did something of note that even the Forsaken talks about. This does not go without notice in the family and they talk of your praise. You gain 1 dot of resources as well as the access to the family’s Library.
- Status 3 - The Thrice Born has work to further the family and help Forsaken as well. You have really done your part to help as best you can. Ronald had noticed your work and wants to help you get stronger. You gain Favored Form at 2 dots for any form. (Note that only those Thrice Born with the family name may go above Status 3. There are very extreme circumstances for someone without the family name to move beyond this point.)
- Status 4 - You are now one of the top members of the family. There are not many of you, but if you got here, you deserved it, you worked for it with your own sweat and blood. Hayes and other higher members of the family teach you why the Thrice-born are not to be trifled with. They are not just money and family, they are fierce warriors as well. You can access to Fortified Form (3 dot version) for whichever form you choose. You must still meet the requirements of Fortified Form to use it. This stacks if Fortified Form is already taken for one form (Max of the 5 dot version)
- Status 5 - Disclosed. Only Ronald and his daughter Claire have this level of status at the moment.
- Drawback - While the family is helpful to all Uratha, they are very insular. The protection of the family is the greatest concern to them. They take the loss of a member hard and cannot see themselves mating outside of the family. They cannot take access to the Neighborhood merit as the Estate is all the family cares about. Thrice Born within the family may also not form packs with non-Thrice Born and non-Hayes family members. Exiled members can not take Status Hayes family but may take the Neighborhood merit.
- Not a Fetish of its own so much as an additional alteration made to an existing Fetish, the Uratha makes it so a Fetish can be activated by those lacking the spiritual attunement that they themselves are inherently gifted with. By raising another Fetish or Talen’s rating by 1, the spirit within is left in a ‘half awake’ state, and can be activated with a special trigger related to its ban, thus allowing non-Uratha (most often, Wolf-Blooded) to make use of it with the normal activation pool.
This power is not needed to activate a Fetish by channeling essence into it, for those capable of doing so another way.
A medicinal ball, typically about the size of a quarter, which heals all bashing or one Lethal, whichever is more severe. More than two pills in a day inflicts the Exhausted Condition.
A Muzzle Break that can be fitted to the end of a firearm, activation changes the nature of bullets that pass through it, allowing them to strike and damage ephemeral entities. Naturally, bullets fired this way do not harm more solid creatures.
- The pack, brotherhood, blood, binding
- Sample Rite
- The pack gathers together to enjoy a meal and drink prepared with the express intention of creating a familial bond between them. The ritemaster begins the meal with an anectdote about one or another of the pack, a witty recollection meant to brighten the mood and share the memory with the whole. Each in turn recalls a story of their own, building up the good mood and bringing them together as strong siblings with unbreakable bonds. (Wits+Socialize)
- Extended (10 successes; each roll represents half an hour)
- 1 Season, with the option to renew before the duration has elapsed.
- The pack may initiate remote communication with one another, on an individual basis, with Resolve + Composure. This communication is limited, granting a general feeling of the packmate’s state of being and direction in which they can be found. Exceptional successes on the initiation provide greater input, a clearer idea of thoughts, as well as an approximate distance to their current location. In moments of extreme emotion, or when in the midst of real combat, this roll can be made reflexively to alert the whole pack, though the individuals would need to succeed on their own roll to have a clear indication of what triggered such an event.
- Binding, Pack, Protection
- 1 month
- Extended (10 successes; each roll represents 1 minute)
- Sample Rite
- This rite is generally performed at night preferably during the rite masters moon phase though it can be performed at other times. During the rite during the rite-mater moon phase adds a +1 to the roll. To perform this rite the Rite Master must pierce the skin of the subject ( Usually by biting, through other methods may be used). The ritemaster must then draw symbols of protection and the uratha on the subject using a combination of the subjects and her own blood, doing this creates a supernatural connection between the two (Resolve + Occult).
- This rite places a spiritual mark on the subject of the rite marking them being under the protection of a werewolf or pack. Thereafter for the length on one Lunar month any time the recipient of this rite is in danger the ritemaster may spend a willpower to conveniently be in a position to save them. Anyone looking at the subject with a supernatural sense can see/smell/detect the brand, and the combination of scents of the Packs totem and the ritemaster herself.
A supernatural connection to the subject is formed and will warm the werewolf if the subject is in danger, being attacked, or is in danger, allowing the werewolf to try and arrive as quickly as possible (or via the above method).
- The moon, herbs, blood, healing
- Sample Rite
- In the light of the moon, the ritualist and participants wound themselves, collecting some blood into a mixture of herbs and ground together. The resulting mixture is daubed onto the chest of each participant with symbols of the moon, health and longevity, while speaking of the virtues of the blood and herbs to reinforce their effectiveness. (Intelligence+Medicine)
- Extended (10 successes; each roll represents ten minutes)
- 1 month
- Pack members’ blood is strengthened, blessing them with exceptional health and healing, which decreases their healing rate by half. Uratha and others with the means to use Essence, Vitae or other Energy (or even goblin fruit) for regeneration find their healing likewise improved, doubling the effectiveness of using such for healing themselves (one Essence heals two Lethal in a turn, one Blood heals two health, a fruit doubles the healing effect), though this only works outside of combat. To ensure this, the ritemaster must sacrifice enough blood to take one Lethal to empower the rite.
- Water, The Moon, Breath, and Fire
- Sample Rite
- Niamh uses water and the mercurial nature of the moon,the warmth of the hearth and the calmness of breath to steady herself and begin to focus on the rite of healing working her knowledge with the beneficial natures of the spirits and the forsaken’s love of luna to help knit together the flesh of those that are wounded. (Int+Occult)
- 2 Essence per Health Level to be healed.
- Extended (2 successes per wound, maximum of 5 for 10 successes; each roll represents 5 minutes. The target must be chosen before rolling)
- The rite is capable of expediting a Werewolf’s regeneration at the expense of the user’s own life energy. 1 aggravated damage on the target Uratha, who must be present for the entire rite, is healed per 2 target successes, although 1 lethal damage is done to the ritualist in return (but this is regenerated normally). Each use of this rite can heal a maximum of 5 health levels of aggravated damage on a single target, who must be a Werewolf or a creature with similar regenerative abilities.
|Wiki Guide||Chat Help||Request System||Experience Guide||Sanctioning Guide||Character Creation|