Vampire: Vampire History
|Directory: Vampire the Requiem|
|About the Venue||History||Society||Locations||Player Guide|
The feeding and hunting systems, provided in Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition, are largely unchanged. However, there are a few house rules in place to make it easier to manage in a chat environment, both for players and Storymasters:
- It’s assumed all Kindred hunt for an average of 1 Vitae per night in their downtime, to counteract the loss of Vitae from waking from daysleep, so Vitae pools don’t decrease over time by default. Players otherwise keep track of their own Vitae pools from night to night.
- A Vampire PC’s player may make one hunting roll per chapter (Week), using the system for ‘feeding scenes with dice’ on VtR2e page 96. Dramatic failure cannot be willingly taken, and an Exceptional success instead provides the Sated condition. If a Dramatic Failure is somehow naturally rolled, contact a Narrator.
- The vitae gained from the weekly roll can be applied throughout the week rather than all at once. For example, if you are down 2 vitae and a hunt gains 6 vitae, 2 vitae can be applied immediately and 4 remaining can be used to replenish any other losses for that week.
- 1 vessel = 3 vitae (or 7 with a breaking point).
- Vitae gained In-Character from other PCs or ST-NPCs works normally and has no effect on hunting rolls or visa versa. You may not, however, gain Vitae from retainers or similar merits in this way; if they’re willing to provide blood to you, buy Herd.
If there’s any confusion about something might be affected by this, ask a Narrator (if in a scene) or the Rules Master.
- Blood bonds may only be raised by 1 step per night via traditional feeding methods (powers that apply the blood bond are not limited in this way, however).
- Players are expected to give OOC notice if the scene or action has the intent to be to bond a character.
- The sample questions for the first three levels are not your only options. You may ask anything relevant as described by that discipline.
- While Feral Whispers allows communication with other supernatural creatures in animal forms, it can’t be used to command them.
- Use the statistics in the Chronicles of Darkness 2e book, pg 121, for ‘Trained Guard Dog’ to determine your swarm’s base physical traits. The ‘Bite’ dice pool gives you your ‘Strength + Brawl’, and you can extrapolate a Brawl of 2 and Athletics of 3 if you need any other physical skills (the rest are 0).
The book isn’t entirely all-inclusive on what gets downgraded from aggravated to lethal or lethal to bashing. So, unless a power/ability (on either side) explicitly says otherwise, or a Narrator deems differently due to unique circumstances in a scene, the following rules apply:
- Fire/Sunlight damage is of course not downgraded, from any source.
- Any mundane source of aggravated or lethal damage is downgraded (including Fighting/Style merits, and Environmental Tilts).
- Direct supernatural sources that deal lethal damage (such as Nightmare 5 or the Mind Flay Mage spell) are not downgraded unless it works through mundane vectors like organ failure or slicing someone open.
- Supernatural powers creating weapons, environmental tilts, or redirecting external forces (such as Telekinesis) are downgraded normally.
- Supernatural sources of aggravated damage are usually downgraded.
- Exception: Vampiric powers that say they deal aggravated damage deal aggravated damage even to Vampires, because they’re the basis within Vampire books.
- Supernatural powers that say Vampires may be immune, downgrade the damage, or otherwise suffer less harm at Storyteller discretion (like Mage’s Rend Lifespan) have that lesser effect on Vampires by default.
- By default, a Graft created with Grafting Unholy Flesh will last only a number of uses equal to the Scale user’s dots in Zirnitra (minimum of 1). In the case of normally ‘permanent’ abilities, they’re reflexively activated for a scene as one ‘use’. After these uses, the part rots away.
- To keep a Graft permanently, you must buy the Graft (• - •••••) merit, which is not available at Creation. The cost is equal to 1xp per dot level of the power being grafted; in the case of powers with no ratings, this will default to 3 and be adjusted up or down by the staff on a case by case basis (which will be recorded as they’re decided on)
- Grafting Unholy Flesh doesn’t work on ‘innate’ abilities like a Werewolf’s shapeshifting or a Mage’s Sight.
- As well, certain NPC-type powers, such as certain Dread Powers, rare Numina, and similar may not be graftable at StoryMaster and Rules Master discretion. This is in addition to the existing restrictions against taking template abilities.
- Traits unique to the ‘donor’ template type use the donor’s rating for all dice pools and derived effects. Attributes, skills, and other trait types the Vampire DOES have access to use their own ratings.
- If using this Scale to gain a Mage’s power, you choose from their Praxes or Rotes, not Arcana, though individual Attainments can be taken one for one as normal. Similarly, it can’t be used to gain Blood Sorcery dots, but can be used for individual Rituals.
- You must always submit an Action request when using this Scale, and keep track of the Health levels of any relevant parts. Any mechanical issues will be decided on a power by power basis.
Cutting Words (Majesty 3, Vigor 2)
A vampire with Majesty can make her target fall in love, fly into a rage, sink into depression, or die of a broken heart. With the right application of power, however, a vampire can make her victim feel as if her tongue is like a whip unto the flesh. To a truly devoted victim, though, these words are like jagged shards of glass as the vampire brings down the full force of her personality.
Cost: 1 Vitae (or more, see below)
Dice Pool: Presence + Intimidation/Subterfuge + Majesty - subject’s Resolve
To use this Devotion, the target must be under the effects of a vampire’s Awe. The vampire must speak audibly so that the target can hear her. The words she uses determines the Skill to be rolled, Intimidation for insults and Subterfuge for veiled threats. Each success on the activation roll inflicts one bashing damage up to a maximum equal to her Majesty rating as the victim’s flesh mystically rips and tears. If the target has the Charmed Condition inflicted by the vampire, the Vampire may spend an extra Vitae to upgrade the damage to lethal (even to Vampires). Finally, if the target has the Enthralled Condition inflicted by the vampire, she does not subtract her Resolve from Cutting Words, and the Vampire may spend another Vitae to make the victim suffer the Insensate Tilt. In either case, the target resolves the related Condition immediately.
This Devotion costs 2 Experiences to learn.
Eyes of The Void (Auspex 2, Zirnitra 2)
The Kindred develops their existing supernatural perception further, becoming able to see reality in a way far beyond what the mortal mind can typically process, building upon the simple omens and signs that psychics and sorcerers learn to pick up on, allowing them to dig a bit further into the reality behind it. This devotion is only of any use to a Kindred that, through Zirnitra or another means, is capable of using the Omen Sensitivity supernatural merit or an equivalent ability.
Cost: 1 Vitae + 1 Willpower
Dice Pool: Special
Twice per story, the Kindred may use this Devotion to attempt go into a trance, momentarily seeing the Truth of the world as The Void does. The Vampire makes the usual extended roll for meditation; if successful, he may then activate Omen Sensitivity (or a similar power) normally. Upon receiving the answers to the questions, he may then ask an additional question regarding those answers per dot of Auspex, but these questions are not limited to those with yes/no answers; anything straightforward that can be answered with a few words or a short sentence can be asked. “Who is plotting to kill me?” is fine, for instance, but “What are the detailed plans of the one trying to kill me?” is not.
Drawback: Opening oneself up to the undercurrents of the multiverse is dangerous to those with a material mind. In addition to Omen Sensitivity’s normal drawback, the Kindred suffers the Tainted condition, representing not a consumed soul but a piece of the otherworld seeping inside them. Treat this as if the ‘victim’ was a Blood Potency 2 character. This does not make the user appear as a Diablerist to Auspex and other powers.
This power costs 2 Experiences to learn.
- Camouflage: By altering her skin tone and even her clothes to blend into her surroundings, the Kindred becomes more difficult to notice, granting a bonus to rolls to go unnoticed equal to her Protean dots.
- Projectile Blood: Spitting blood like a Cobra, the Kindred can temporarily render their opponents blind. Spend 1 additional Vitae beyond the activation cost of this power, the Vitae is expelled from the Kindreds mouth up to a distance of Strength x 3 yards. Roll Dexterity + Athletics - Defense, with the usual targeted attack penalty, but reduce this penalty by the character’s Protean dots. Success inflicts the Blind tilt on the opponent. The tilt is resolved if the victim of this power spends an Instant action wiping away the viscous fluid. Vitae so expelled from the body is considered inert, and does not cause Vitae Addiction or any increase in the steps of a Blood Bond.
- Rodent’s Anatomy: Much like a Mouse or Rat caught in a Predators grasp, you know just how to move and wiggle to make an escape. If you have this power activated while in a grapple, you may add your dots in Protean to any roll to Break Free or Escape an Immobilize. Dots granted by this power may not be applied to Take Down, Damage, or the Disarm Maneuver. This power may allow the Kindred to attempt to escape an Immobilize caused by an item such as a Zip Tie or Handcuffs, make a Dexterity + Athletics roll with a penalty depending on how advanced the equipment is. Standard Rope levies a −1 penalty while Police Issue Handcuffs impose a −3. Success frees the character from the restraint.
- Venom: The Kindred can produce powerful venom glands, like a spider or a snake, that they may excrete when they bite someone or hit them with a natural weapon granted by Protean. This counts as a Poison with a Toxicity equal to the Kindred’s Protean dots. In combat it inflicts the (Moderate) Poison Tilt.
- Wolf’s Hide: Adapting his flesh to that of a Predatory Animal like a Wolf or Lion, the Kindred becomes unnaturally resilient to damage. He enjoys an armor rating of 2/0 against any bashing attacks and a rating of 1/0 against incoming lethal damage. This armor does not apply to banes that the Kindred suffers from, but stacks with any armor worn.
- Long Death: The Kindred produces a powerful hemotoxin as the Beast devours the subject’s blood from within them. This poison is delivered through the Kindred’s bite, or through any natural weapons created by Protean. This poison deals Lethal damage and has a Toxicity of their Blood Potency. The damage happens once per hour up to Protean times, but never during the day. In Combat this prouces the (Grave) Poison Tilt, except that the victim takes a penalty to their Stamina + Resolve roll each turn equal to the Kindred’s Protean. Vampire victims lose Vitae instead of taking damage while Ghouls lose Vitae before health levels.
- Monstrous Hide: The Kindred transmutes their bones and flesh, forming layers of tough leathery skin, carapace, or other natural armor. This counts as 3/5 armor with a −2 penalty to defense and a −1 penalty to speed, which does not stack with other armor (but note Resilience is NOT armor).
- Noxious Miasma: The Kindred transmutes their body until it is like an open sepulcher from which the death and decay of every feeding spill forth. Those who come within Protean*2 yards of the Kindred gain the (Grave) Sick tilt as the Beast-tainted stench causes their bodies to heave, vomit, and convulse. This aspect affects vampires despite their normal immunity to disease and lack of breathing. It may affect other supernaturals normally immune to disease with a Clash of Wills. If a character has a supernaturally augmented sense of smell, then this Aspect affects them at the range they could smell the Kindred’s blood.
Arms of the abyss (Cruac 4)
Public/Private: Private (Open to Kalikula members)
Target Successes: 7
The ritualist sends out a call to a shadowy Abyss for assistance, and as the ritual’s completed, they can feel its energy seeping into them, ready to be unleashed. At any point in the same night the ritual is completed, they may summon forth a number of tendrils of living tangible darkness equal to their Cruac rating, which act to aid them.
Once per turn, the ritualist may reflexively give a single, straightforward and simple command to an arm, such as ‘Attack combatant X’, ‘Immobilize X combatant’, or ‘Prevent object X from falling over’. They will continue to perform this exact same action until ordered to perform another or until the action becomes impossible (in which case they will still await a new order). The semi-corporeal arms act with a dicepool equal to the caster’s Cruac rating + Potency (limit Cruac x 2) for anything that requires a roll, and can be dispelled at the will of the summoner or any successful attack targeting an arm (if attacked they have 2 defense and no armor). If a raw attribute score matters, treat their Strength or Dexterity as similarly equal to the caster’s Cruac rating.
Among being dextrous and strong, the arms carry a venom-like magical touch that overwhelms a living targets senses with the raw power of their touch. In the turn a living being is touched by an arm they gain the Insensate tilt, which fades after 1 turn. This tilt may be re-applied with additional touches later. The practitioner of the ritual is immune to this if somehow they themself are alive, such as with Ghouls.
Calm before the storm
Prerequisite Coil: Leash the Beast (Wyrm)
Procedure: The Vampire has found the exact part of him that the beast controls, that part of his brain where rage is contained and released, and he has learned to create a concoction that affects this part of the Kindred mind.
The mixture of blood, which requires at least a small amount of werewolf blood, takes a half hour to mix properly, and when consumed gives the imbiber the ability to remain lucid even while under the effects of frenzy.
Outcome: The concoction both strengthens and controls the Dragon’s beast. For the rest of the night, his social rolls are capped by his Humanity (or effective Humanity with regards to Social rolls, if this differs). However, when the Kindred is next provoked to frenzy within that same night, he may spend a willpower and attempt to Ride the Wave. If successful, he remains lucid during his frenzy. He still gains all the benefits of the Frenzy, but is not compelled to sate the beasts desires. If he does choose to do so, the Frenzy ends immediately, otherwise the effects of frenzy end after one scene. If the substance isn’t consumed immediately, the Kindred may store it indefinitely, but may only have a number of the potions ‘active’ equal to his Blood Potency.
Prerequisite Coil: (Wyrm) 5
Procedure: The Kindred mixes an alchemical compound and infuses his own blood into it as a means to house the Beast. Then the procedure of placing the essence of his Beast in the concoction creates a balm of a uniquely Toxic Hemo-caustic nature.Of course the most difficult part of the process is extracting the needed vitae from the Kindred while he is in Frenzy. This is a necessity as it’s only during this point that he is at the peak of being one with the internal monster, thus being able to draw on the essence of the enraged inner self.
Outcome: The Beast infused Hemo-caustic substance burns through the blood of the target devouring it from within causing as a Toxicity 5 poison.
Once absorbed through the skin or mucus membrane, even entry via a wound, the Beast does as it always has and will hunt, devour, and destroy them from the inside out as it destroys their blood in a frenzy.
In Kindred the effect is even more violent as it destroys Vitae as well equal to the Toxicity of the poison.
Unlike most Hemo Toxins this one is of a rare nature, rather than a Kindred being able to burn the poison from its system with Vitae he must Lash Out against the Beast that is attempting to destroy him from the inside out in order to drive it from his system, beating a dice pool equal to the Toxicity.
If not stopped, the poison causes the Poisoned Tilt in combat or damage outside of combat with the normal systems, even to Kindred.
Drawback: As stated in the procedure the need of Vitae from a Kindred in Frenzy is in and of itself this is a very dangerous endeavor that could lead to the loss of more than one life.
Fuel the Fire
Prerequisite Coil: Ascendancy (The Coil of Zirnitra)
Additional Perquisite: Nest Guardian and Safe Place at 1+
In order for the Dragon to become as close as he needs to be with the Nest for this Scale to work he must have a functioning bond with the location.
By tapping into the mystic powers of a Wyrms Nest itself the Dragon has learned to utilize those energizes there in and harness them to fuel his own supernal powers. After a successful meditation on the Wyrms Nest itself the Dragon can then tap into its source energy: Essence for a Locus, Mana for a Hallow.
Procedure: In order to tap into the source energy of the Nest the Kindred must meditate at the Nest itself. Sometimes this can take several hours depending on how apt the Dragon is with the art of Meditation. Once the Dragons mind has been cleared of all distractions he then attunes himself to the Wyrms Nest (This procedure has to be done at least once a month in order for the Dragon to maintain his connection to the Wyrms Nest)
Once the Dragon has completed the task of attuning himself to the Wyrms Nest he can feel the flow of the mystic energies as he himself becomes connected to it. This deep connection then allows the Dragon to pull forth a portion of those energies that make up the Nest and fuse them with him. The task of the fusing this supernal fuel into himself is completed by drawing these energies into himself and infusing his being with them.
The Dragon may only pull out energy equal to the rank or rate of the Nest itself to a maximum of five, and no more than one time per nest per chapter. This is a near intimate connection between Dragon and Wyrms Nest and so the resonance of the Nest always manifests itself in some physical way. Outcome: Once the Dragon has attuned himself to the Nest he may then draw out the supernal power that builds up in the Nest and use it in a variety of ways.
1) The Dragon may use the source energy to fuel his own abilities as if it where Vitae (and it’s capped the same way)
2) The Dragon may pass the energy to other Kindred on a 1 for 2 ratio.
3) Due to the Dragons attunement to the Nest he may now sense its well being. Like a gardener caring for his prized rose bush, anything effecting the Nest directly such as it being damaged, drained of its supernal energies or actions affecting its resonance now react in such a way that the Dragon not only knows but feels what is happening.
At the end of the month any supernal fuel not used bleeds away from the Kindred and is wasted.
Drawback: Any failure is automatically a dramatic failure. A new meditation roll is made in such a case, and Successes indicate the amount of Vitae that is sapped from the Dragon and pulled into the Nest itself. This amount of blood loss can exceed the normal maximum of five. As well due to the ripping of blood from the Dragon he takes one lethal damage per point of blood lost in this manner. As well this upsetting of the balance with the Nest leaves the Dragon unable to attune to the Wyrms Nest for the following month.
In addition, multiple Dragons may not use this on the same Nest in the same night; the second Dragon to attempt to do so automatically suffers a dramatic failure, as above.
Gift of the Mind
Prerequisite Coil: Embolden Potential (Zirnitra)
Procedure: Through the study of psychic phenomena the Kindred has learned what areas within his own mind unlock various Psychic abilities, and through use of his research has learned to blend a mixture of his own cerebral fluids with other occult herbs and his own blood.
This serum takes several hours to create due to its nature. The Kindred must first pin point what Psychic ability he wishes to gain accesses to. Then he must extract fluid from that part of his own brain in order to capture the Epigenetic information. The extraction process is extremely painful as it requires the use of medical tools being inserted into the brain by the Kindred using the Process. (Take 1 unavoidable point of aggravated damage)
Once the extraction has been completed the Kindred then creates the Substrate that the fluid is placed into. His own Vitae (rendered unable to create the Bond or Addiction) in combination with a variety of arcane herbs now function as the substrate material in which the cerebral fluid will carry along the Epigenetic Psychic Data to the imbiber.
Outcome: The serum can now be imbibed by another to temporarily allow them to utilize the selected Psychic ability. Once ingested the ability is only available for one scene as the materials brake down in the imbibers system. The substance degrades after a month; if not used by that point, it becomes useless.
Drawback: Since the serum temporarily rewires and rewrites the imbibers own brain chemistry in order to give them the Psychic ability it causes a bit of disorientation and one hell of a headache. As a means to lessen these effects a Point of Willpower must be spent and a reflexive Stamina + Resolve roll is made. If failed the imbiber suffers from the Drugged Condition for the remainder of the scene regardless of the spent Willpower. (The Willpower does not add the standard bonus to a roll) (Note: all costs such as Willpower and or use of Vitae to activate the psychic power still have to be utilized during the Extraction process or the serum does not work)
Preserve the Crimson Vial
Prerequisite Coil: Into the Fold (Voivode)
Procedure: With a mix of imparting part of the Kindreds will and a concoction of Alchemical Agents, the Kindred is able to preserve the nutritional qualities of blood. The blood may be kept in an object that is hermetically sealed and at least large enough to hold one pint of liquid. While this lengthens the time in which Blood or Vitae may be used for consumption, it is not indefinite. All blood goes bad, but the reagents used to preserve the potency of the blood do at the very least extend this life, using the power of the Kindreds beast as a medium
Outcome: The object can hold up to (Blood Potency+Coil of Voivode) traits of Blood or Vitae, though the power of the Potency of the Kindreds Vitae condenses the sheer amount of blood down to the size of about a pint. The amount of blood that is used in the ritual must be equal to the blood taken from however many subjects take part in the process. Each willpower spent can either extend the life of the Blood or Vitae by an additional week, or it can add to the storage capacity of the container (minimum of 1, spent on duration). Mortals with the Producer Merit grant double the benefit of the stored blood, as per the merit. Also, Kindred Vitae so stored causes Bonding as per normal, but does not cause Vitae addiction.
Prerequisite Coil: Embolden Potential (Zirnitra)
Procedure: The procedure requires the bone of a creature that had some sort of supernatural power to it in life, whether a ghouled animal, mortal with a supernatural merit, werewolf, or otherwise. The bone is ground into a fine powder (or sludge, depending on its age), and then mixed with a pint or so of human blood. The Subject, who must be a Kindred (and can be the Dragon), then consumes the paste that results, using the Blush of Life to be sure he can hold it down for at least an hour. Within that time period, the paste is ‘digested’ and absorbed, rather than being vomited up at the end.
Outcome: The unnatural remnant of power is absorbed by the Kindred, providing a bonus to his own supernatural potency. For the sake of any dice pools involving Blood Potency, the Kindred adds the Dragon’s dots in the Coil of Zirnitra (minimum of 1), though this doesn’t affect anything relying on the rating instead of a direct roll (such as Sunlight damage, derived frenzy bonuses, or maximum Attributes); for instance, contesting a Discipline, a Clash of Wills, or Lashing out are all affected.
In addition, he becomes aware of any time one of his supernatural abilities is involved in a Clash of Wills, due to a sort of ‘resonance’ with it, though gains no details about the specifics. This does, however, mean he can always spend Willpower to improve his roll, even if not present.
The effects of the Scale last for the following week. The Kindred may only have a number of ‘active’ uses of the Scale at any one time equal to his Blood Potency; any additional uses of the Procedure before another fades simply fails.
Subsuming the Aura
Prerequisite Scale: Embolden Potential (Zirnitra)
Public/Private: Public Cost: Invest 1 WP; 1 Vitae per dot of power in addition to paying 1wp and 1 vitae for using any energy source you lack.
Procedure: The Dragon must extract a sample from either the eye or the brain of someone who has been affected by a supernatural power within the last week. Through distilling this fluid through the vitae the Dragon may temporarily claim that power as their own. This power must be performed on a Wyrm’s Nest.
Outcome: The Dragon must invest a point of Willpower and a point of Vitae per dot of the power she wishes to subsume for her own use in addition to whatever typical costs the power use would incur. If the subject survives the surgery they take one willpower of damage per dot of power subsumed by the Vampire. Any conditions connected to the power’s originator may also be shed, however, this require a Clash of Wills against the power’s original owner. If this Clash of Wills fails, the whole Scale will fail. If successful, however, the subject may shed all of their related conditions for an additional willpower damage. If the subject would be reduced to 0 willpower through use of this Scale, they instead remain at WP 1 and instead gain the condition “Soul Shocked” so long as the Dragon maintains the psychic ability stolen from their soul. The Vampire can make use of the stolen power for twice as many days as they have dots in the Coil of Zirnitra.
Taste of Power
Prerequisite Coil: Ascendancy (The Coil of Zirnitra)
The Dragon may concoct a solution (potion) from the blood of an individual, thus granting a temporary usage of one of the Vampire’s Disciplines.
To do this, the Dragon mixes a drought created in equal parts of the donator’s blood, the Dragons blood and several other enhancing and binding arcane substances, including the sap of a rather rare breed of Mandrake. The creator of the drought must have and understand not only Occult knowledge pertaining to the herbs and substances but must have medical understanding as to properly mix the blood without it spoiling the concoction. Intelligence + Occult is rolled first, representing the proper knowledge of the components involved, followed by Wits + Medicine to combine them without spoiling it (or accidentally creating something toxic). Exceptional success on the latter adds to the duration of the Discipline by one day or one use per exceptional.
Outcome: The imbiber may use the donator’s Discipline as if it were one of his own. The potion lasts one day per point of blood potency of the Dragon that creates the potion once imbibed, or until the Discipline has been used a single time (unless an additional use has been added as per above).
Drawback: As the substance burns through its unnatural course, it ends with a painful crash. The imbiber takes one point of unavoidable bashing per level of the Discipline being used upon its use.
(Note: Activation rolls, Willpower and or Vitae coast are still paid for by the imbiber of the drought.)
Unity of Purpose
Prerequisite Coil: The Vast Dynasty (Voivode)
Procedure: The Dragon, while within a Wyrm’s Nest, mixes at least 2 (or more, see below) points of Vitae, a drop of blood from every potential participant, and a cup of expensive wine (at least Availability 3) together in a gold-lined container. The substance must then be stirred for at least an hour without any pause, which requires a successful Resolve + Stamina roll.
Outcome: The Dragon is able to use the substance to form a unique bond among a close circle, represented by those with dots in Mystery Cult Initiation (or a similar merit) in the same group as the Dragon. Once completed and left in open air for at least a minute, the substance boils into an unnaturally black, shadowy smoke, which can be inhaled by, at most, a number of cultists equal to the Dragon’s Blood Potency +1 for each additional Vitae used. Both they and the Dragon gain a sort of unity of purpose towards the group’s ideals and members, focusing on it to an unnatural extent, akin to the effects of a Blood Bond. This has the following effects:
- All characters lose a point of Willpower immediately, to help ‘empower’ the bond, and lose another each month.
- The characters are protected from new Blood Bonds from outside the group (but not each other), akin to a third stage bond.
- Beneficial Powers improve duration akin to a third stage bond’s effect when used on another cultist. This has no effect on Awakened magic’s duration, though.
- Members are considered to have at least a Strong sympathetic bond for the sake of Sympathetic magic (via Mage), and are considered to be packmates for Gifts and Rites that provide benefits to packmates so long as a Werewolf participated.
- Being forced to work against other cultists OR the cult’s ideals causes a form of intense spiritual duress, which helps members shake off supernatural influence. When affected by a power that would force or influence a cultist to cause any sort of harm/problem to other cultists, the cult as a whole, or the group’s goals, or reveal cult information, the character may roll a Clash of Wills (Supernatural Tolerance + Mystery Cult Initiation, +4 for duration) to ignore the effect. However, the character suffers a condition/other drawback as if he’d failed a Breaking Point roll, as appropriate to the character type (but doesn’t lose Integrity/etc).
- Willingly betraying the cult/cultists causes a Breaking point for ANY Integrity equivalent, as if a Humanity/etc 1 sin/act, or with a −5 penalty if dependent on an attribute roll (for a Werewolf, it’s towards the closest of Spirit/Flesh to their current Harmony). In addition, the character loses all dots of Mystery Cult Initiation in the group (Sanctity applies), and takes an unavoidable resistant aggravated damage per dot lost.
- Cultists never have a Hostile impression between each other, no matter what, so long as they still have their MCI.
The benefits fade when a Blood Bond normally would (typically a year), but it can be renewed with a re-use of the Scale at any point. The Scale can also be repeated to add new members into the affected populace.
Unity of Spirit
Prerequisite Coil: Ascendancy (Zirnitra 5)
Additional Prerequisite: Unity of Purpose
Procedure: The Sorcerer, who must be under the effects of Unity of Purpose, must feed on at least 3 different types of supernatural creatures (Mortal characters with supernatural merits count) under the effect of that Scale with him, or more if desired, and keep that Vitae within his system while within a Wyrm’s Nest of at least level 3 for an hour or more. At the end of that period, while still within the Nest, he slits his wrist and empties the retrieved blood (now in the form of his Vitae) into a large enough container. It’s then mixed with an equal amount of a potent acid and several odd occult ingredients, which must be allowed to dissolve within it. Without healing the wounds, he must then dip his arms into the resulting, bubbling mixture, and focus his will on the combined resonance (Which costs 1 point of Willpower).
Outcome: The substance both boils into the air and flows into the Kindred’s veins, burning him deeply in the process (he takes 2 unavoidable aggravated damage), but allowing him to absorb a bit of the nature of the blood donated, and spread that to others that share the Bond of Unity of Purpose with him. All those sharing the bond of Unity of Purpose with the Dragon find themselves better able to benefit from the powers used by each other. For the purposes of the effects of supernatural powers used by members only, each member counts as the most beneficial of the ‘donor’ templates when deciding if they’re a valid target or what the final effects are. This won’t let someone do something they normally can’t that’s required to gain the benefit (Like for something that provides a bonus to a Uratha’s shapeshifting), nor will it provide them non-template prerequisites they don’t meet. For the sake of abilities granted that rely on supernatural energy, however, 1 Willpower and 1 of the character’s own energy form (mortals can spend an extra willpower) can replace 1 point of cost of another energy type, but only for something directly granted by a power (such as an Influence by a Rite). This will similarly not grant any other template-based abilities, such as a Vampire’s or Werewolf’s regenerative abilities, and so powers relying on that might be dangerous or impossible to use on those lacking it.
This lasts for as long as Unity of Purpose does, including any renewal of it.
|Directory: Vampire the Requiem|
|About the Venue||History||Society||Locations||Player Guide|