Mortal: Player Guide
|Character Creation||The City||Directory: Mortal + the Face in the Mirror||Mortal Cast List||House Rules|
|Society||History||About the Venue||Locations||Player Guide|
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
- Clarkes Third Law -
- For keeping track of Ephemera, use the Vampire rules for Hunting, an example of which can be found here and in the Vampire Core where referenced, replacing Vitae with Ephemera, and gaining Empowered (Psychic Vampirism) instead of Sated on an exceptional.
Addons for Existing Templates
- Protocol at equal level
- At 2 dots this grants a +1 Dexterity boost, at 4 dots it grants a +2. This affects all derived traits. This can take your character above her normal Attribute limits.
- You use your Dexterity for calculating Defense.
- Psychic Vampirism
- When the psychic vampire draws out the Ephemera of a target they are also able to make a roll of wits+composure check may discern clues about the person from the nature of their Ephemera.
Dramatic Failure: you gain two pieces of information about the subject, one of which is a dangerous lie
Fail: you fail to gain meaningful information from the Ephemera
Success: you gain basic knowledge of the person you have fed off. Their age, state of health and mental wellness, whether or not they are human, if they are under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, if they are a person you are familiar with, and if they are a person that is related to you. If they are not human, you may know what sort of creature the ephemera came from if you have identified the signs of it before
Exceptional Success: you may detect fine details about the person such as the presence of mental conditions, the nature of their virtue and vice, and their integrity score
The following can be chosen as purchase options by those with Biomimicry.
The merit is still limited to 4 dots
- Aquatic Adaptation
- The Mimic gains the ability to breathe underwater, as well as slightly webbed toes and fingers that give a +1 to both Speed when swimming and Swim rolls.
- Raptors Sight
- The characters eyes take on the sharpness of a bird of prey, removing up to 3 dice of penalties from perception rolls relying on sight.
- Pit Sensors
- The Mimic gains a form of thermographic sensing, like those of the Viper family of snakes, becoming capable of seeing via heat alone.
- From the spider to the lizard, to the ant and many things in between, gravity isnt the end all be all. Maybe its tiny hairs, or sticky pads, but you have a knack for denying gravity by climbing up seemingly flat walls, and even hanging from the ceiling.
- Run like a Gazelle
- Maybe the length of your arms and legs shift to allow you to run on all fours, or maybe your knees bow backwards like a gazelles, but you have adapted for speed and mighty leaps! When running on all fours, add +4 to her Speed and double all jump distances. Like most Biomimicry additions, these changes are always fairly visible and obvious.
- When you perform Geomancy on a space, along with the normal Geomancy benefit, any rolls made within the space with the chosen skill or attribute gain a die bonus equal to half your rating. They do not benefit from the 9again quality or better unless the roller possess the quality via some other means.
Additionally, if you would normally have 9-again on the once per chapter roll for the base merit, it becomes 8-again.
- Unseen Sense
- Your characters sixth sense for a type of supernatural creature is increased. By spending a point of Willpower she can extend the range of her unseen senses to 100 yards. As with Unseen Sense, the player can accept the Spooked Condition, in exchange for which the character can pinpoint where the feeling is coming from; this reveals all triggers of it within that range. If the target is using a power that specifically cloaks its supernatural nature, however, this does not work (though the Condition remains until resolved as usual), nor does it work against powers that use mental illusions to conceal or otherwise hide the character.
- Unseen Sense
- Your characters sixth sense is increased to detect any supernatural creature, and she is able to distinguish between them. As with Unseen Sense, Advanced, the player can accept the Spooked Condition, in exchange for which the character can pinpoint where the feeling is coming from; this reveals all triggers of it within that range. If the target is using a power that specifically cloaks its supernatural nature, however, this does not work (though the Condition remains until resolved as usual), nor does it work against powers that use mental illusions to conceal or otherwise hide the character.
|Wiki Guide||Chat Help||Request System||Experience Guide||Sanctioning Guide||Character Creation|