GameRef: Experience (XP) Guide
This guide will walk you through the basics of earning and spending experience to build your characters. Some venues may have specific guidelines that enhance the following information, so be sure to check your venue’s Player Guide.
Each month, for logging in with your sanctioned character and role playing, you automatically 2XP per month (awarded on the 1st). Additionally, you can earn up to 2 additional XP for participation by obtaining 10 beats during the month.
Five Beats equal one Experience (XP) point, or 1 Beat = 0.2 XP. This is automatically converted on your character sheet.
Beats are earned through role play and participation in game. Beats are awarded on: TBD
You can earn Beats in the following ways:
|Role Play Beats|
(1 per type per scene)
- Per the book, you would also receive 1 beat at the end of any game session. This is represented by the automatic XP you receive each month.
With the exception of the below listed merits and special abilities, purchasing an attribute, skill, merit or special ability up to and including 3 dots does not require justification. 4+ dots in anything requires justification as this demonstrates an expertise or mastery.
- *Neighborhood Merit (2+ dots for a solo character controlling a neighborhood)
- NPC Cohorts (Familiars, Retainers, Totems, etc.)
- Power Stats at level 3 and above (Blood Potency, Gnosis, Primal Urge, Wyrd, etc.)
- Status of any kind
- Mystery Cult Initiation/Influence of any level requires the approval of someone with 5 dots for PC-run cults, and a Justification for NPC-run cults.
- Supernatural Items (Enchanted, Magical, etc.)
- Non-Affinity Supernatural Powers
- 4+ Wolf-Blooded Tells; each additional Tell will require a more extreme trigger for the change as a Justification, subject to staff approval.
All purchases require an explanation when submitting a request, but not formal justification.
- Scene Participation (Narrator-run or PRP)
- Please make use of the Scene Tool!
- Player-driven Scene Logs
There is no formal time-barrier to making a purchase, however, a trait cannot be raised by more than 1 per request. In order to submit a request to raise a trait again, the previous request must have been approved.
- If Player A submits a request to raise his Strength to 3, that request must be approved before he can create and submit the request to raise his Strength to 4.
- If Player B submits a request to purchase a Discipline, she must submit a request to purchase the first dot. She cannot create and submit a request to raise that same Discipline to 2 until the original request has been approved.
Characters receive a pool of Build XP to flesh out their characters separate from creation points. This pool goes up each month:
|Month Character Sanctioned||Build XP Awarded|
No Death Experience will be awarded for Characters who die on-screen or off-screen through the course of the game. The base experience awarded during character Creation monthly to ensure that new or replacement characters begin at a viable power level.
|Directory: Game Reference|
|Book Policy||House Rules||Character Creation||Sanctioning||Experience Guide||Code of Conduct||Site Policies And Practices|