Questions from a possible new player (Changeling)

This forum is for any non-game, non-CofD system related discussions. Please keep in mind our Site Policies and Code of Conduct when picking out topics; this forum isn't a free for all.

Inappropriate topics may be locked or removed.

Moderator: WW6 Administrators

mavspade
Player

Questions from a possible new player (Changeling)

Post by mavspade » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Hey Folks!
I just stumbled across this site and a was surprised to find a Nwod community with an active online game, in particular, Changeling.
I been looking for a Changeling game for a while and was curious about the community. I see you use Discord as the main place for scenes. I was curious what is the posting speed? Is it closer to a chat or forum game in speed?

Cheers and thanks for your time.
-Mav
Cinn
My Changeling: Anastasia Vorobyova

Post by Cinn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:11 am

The Discord is not used for scenes (it is pretty much used for everything but scenes), but rather there is a chat you log into in the main site (https://wantonwicked.gamingsandbox.com/).

Now, there is an active changeling playerbase, but right now the site is in transition between two games (previous setting was Portland, which ran for about three years, now the staff is working on a Miami setting). No one knows when it will be done, but my personal guess is it will take a while.

Posting speed varies -a lot- from player to player and scene to scene. Some people respond in a couple of minutes, some people write longer posts. We have a number of players (myself included) that doesn't have English as their primary language, and I suppose that also has an effect on the speed of posts.

During ST-run scenes, I find the flow to be a fairly good middle ground.

Hope these answers were helpful to you!
mavspade
Player

Post by mavspade » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks for the answers Cinn!
Are player still running RP in this transition time? Or is most people on hold for now?
Cinn
My Changeling: Anastasia Vorobyova

Post by Cinn » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:45 am

A few people do. I tried to get back into it, but then this summer got really super busy at work so got promptly pulled out again.
randomim
My Changeling: Jennifer Silver
My Vampire: Gigglefitz the Clown

Post by randomim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 am

I'm around here and there, and happy to light rp a bit while we wait. If nothing else please feel free to fpm me and we can arrange a time! I'm always happy to see new changeling players around :)
Player of Isabella Qilin Gracia and Pamela Salam