Advice for a Social Wolf?

This forum is for any non-game, non-CofD system related discussions. Please keep in mind our Site Policies and Code of Conduct when picking out topics; this forum isn't a free for all.

Inappropriate topics may be locked or removed.

Moderator: WW6 Administrators

Behemoth
Player

Advice for a Social Wolf?

Post by Behemoth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 am

So, I've been lurking on this site for a few years now, spending time in the OOC areas, but I never really got around to playing. Well, I'm trying to get over that now.

I plan on running a social wolf soon, probably occult heavy? So I thought I'd ask what to keep in mind, avoid, or just be aware of for a first ever 2E character? Nothing is official just yet.
Please don't use my username to refer to me.
elhombre
Integral Player

Post by elhombre » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 am

I can throw in my 2 cents.

What sorts of things did you have questions about? Gifts? Auspices? Merits? Something broader?

Main thing I'd keep in mind for 2e is you don't lose as much if you don't hyperfocus like you might have in 1e. It can actually pay to be (somewhat) well-rounded.
Behemoth
Player

Post by Behemoth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 am

Bit of everything, questions wise. Things like 'is doubling up on favored renown from tribe and auspice a bad idea', or 'Should I try and find a pack asap, or let it happen naturally'?

I'm not too settled on fine details, and the recent destruction of the wiki and character creation guidelines threw me off of my plans tonight.
Mephi

Post by Mephi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:09 pm

I seem to recall hearing that the majority of active wolves seem to be Rahu and Irraka. So, Elodoth might be a welcomed auspice.
Behemoth
Player

Post by Behemoth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Details are scarce, but I've got a well meaning Sardonic type in mind now. Likely Edoloth or Itheaur, Storm Lord? Gonna be my first 2e character, so lots I want to make sure I have right.