The Passing of Stewart Wieck.

This forum is for any non-game, non-CofD system related discussions. Please keep in mind our Site Policies and Code of Conduct when picking out topics; this forum isn't a free for all.

Inappropriate topics may be locked or removed.

Moderator: WW6 Administrators

Killscreen
Integral Player

The Passing of Stewart Wieck.

Post by Killscreen » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:56 am

Stewart Wieck has passed. For those of you who do not know who this is, I can tell you that the games we play here are a direct derivation of what he and his brother created. He was a friend and mentor of mine, and I was saddened to hear of his loss. If you play these games, please take a moment of silence for the man who is directly responsible for the games we play here at Wanton Wicked. Without him, none of this would exist as it does, today.

All of the information that I have regarding it is below. I have been unable to reach out to anyone, as of yet, for further information. Feel free to contact me if you feel the need.
https://highergroundsgamingblog.wordpre ... as-passed/

Note to the admins: Though it likely, and hopefully, needn't be said, this is not a plug for my site. If there is any issue regarding the link, please remove it but leave the main post. Alternately, you can ask me to do so and I will. Thank you.
Last edited by Killscreen on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't just write words. Write music." - Gary Provost
Killscreen
Integral Player

Post by Killscreen » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Quoted from White Wolf's Facebook page.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton
The entire White Wolf team is deeply saddened to learn of the sudden passing of Stewart Wieck, co-founder of White Wolf, co-creator of the World of Darkness, and the conceptual mind behind Mage: The Ascension.
Stewart envisioned much of the core mythology for Vampire: The Masquerade, but Mage: The Ascension was his personal favorite and the World of Darkness game that reflects most genuinely his creative ingenuity and passions.
More recently Stewart joined the extended White Wolf family for a reunion at The Grand Masquerade 2016 to mark the 25th anniversary of the story world he helped create. We will miss his kindness, generosity, humor, and wisdom.
Our thoughts, prayers, and hopes at this time are with his family. There aren't words enough to express the magnitude of this loss, or the immensity of the legacy that he leaves behind; a legacy that we strive to be worthy of each day.
"Don't just write words. Write music." - Gary Provost
Abyssalstar
Integral Player
My Beast: Jezebel Jones

Post by Abyssalstar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 am

Rest in peace, and thank you for years of fun.
WolfG
Integral Player

Post by WolfG » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Spirits bless, and condolences to the family.