St. Baldricks!

This forum is for any non-game, non-CofD system related discussions. Please keep in mind our Site Policies and Code of Conduct when picking out topics; this forum isn't a free for all.

Inappropriate topics may be locked or removed.

Moderator: WW6 Administrators

Selcouth
My Ghoul: Larissa Vasiliev
My Wolf-Blooded: Gwendolyn Bernhardt

St. Baldricks!

Post by Selcouth » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi there!

So, for those of you who don't know, St. Baldrick's is a charity. They raise money to help find a cure for childhood cancer. People apply as shavee's and raise money, then they get their heads shaved all around the country.

My youngest son and my husband have now been shavees for six years. They are both Squires of Hope in the organization, which means they've shaved for 3 years. Next year they will both be Knighted as Knights of the Bald Table. My son will become the youngest person to ever be Knighted. We all take this charity very seriously. My husband is a breast cancer survivor, and a friend of our family lost their son to cancer this past year. He went to school with my eldest son. Both of my sons have proudly dyed their hair pink to support breast cancer.

I'm posting the links below to their pages for donations. If you'd like to donate that would be awesome! If you can't I understand. Please feel free to share the links on social media to help them surpass their goals.
https://www.stbaldricks.org/participant ... 88622/2017
https://www.stbaldricks.org/participant ... 88476/2017

Many thanks to the wonderful ladies Snowcrane and QuestionIntent for donating. You both are rock stars <3
Last edited by Selcouth on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I solemnly swear I am not a Mage ST..
Selcouth
My Ghoul: Larissa Vasiliev
My Wolf-Blooded: Gwendolyn Bernhardt

Post by Selcouth » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:35 pm

As a side note, this is what my boys are fighting to find a cure for. So the families of children like Hazel, will not have to go thru all the heartache when they find out their kids have cancer.

This is a link for a gofundme of a little girl and her family
https://www.gofundme.com/healinghazel

Hazel has Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), a rare form of blood cancer that only 500 kids get each year. While her gofundme is to help ease the burden of the cost of chemo, St Baldricks is trying to find a cure so that children don't have to suffer from it. As anyone who's ever had any kind of serious illness, even with medical insurance, it is costly. Not all of it is money, any sort of illness is a drain on the family emotionally as well.

If you can't donate money, try and share it on social media. :)
I solemnly swear I am not a Mage ST..
QuestionIntent

Post by QuestionIntent » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:45 pm

As a side note, I was in show choir in high school with Tim (Hazel's father). Despite it not being in my budget, I have donated a couple times (same with the donations for Selcouth's son for St. Baldrick's). So, thank you to anyone who has a look and can either donate or share this on their social media platforms.