Rules Clarifications (Player Input required!)

Discuss rules and clarifications for Chronicles of Darkness (aka 2nd Edition/2E) publications.

Discussions can include books not available for play in Wanton Wicked.

Moderators: WW7 Rules Master, WW7 Administrators

User avatar
Behemoth
Player
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: Drowning in Anxiety

Re: Rules Clarifications (Player Input required!)

Post by Behemoth » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Are the ghostly or spiritual wolves that make up the Wolfblooded Tell, Phantom Pack, detected by spirit-sensing powers?
Please don't use my username to refer to me.
User avatar
ChrisF
Rules Master
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 am

Post by ChrisF » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 am

Behemoth wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:37 pm Are the ghostly or spiritual wolves that make up the Wolfblooded Tell, Phantom Pack, detected by spirit-sensing powers?
Twilight Sight powers might give some occasional hint of them, but for the most part, no. Something like Spirit Mage-Sight or certain information-gathering Facets may provide other clues of their existence, though.
WW6 Rules Master
randomim
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 am
My Vampire: Gigglefitz the Clown

Post by randomim » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 pm

If a non vampire somehow gains status (or the association merits) in a vampire covenant can they gain covenant merits that don't require vitae or discipline prereqs?
Player of Isabella Qilin Gracia and Pamela Salam
User avatar
ChrisF
Rules Master
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 am

Post by ChrisF » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:04 pm

randomim wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 pm If a non vampire somehow gains status (or the association merits) in a vampire covenant can they gain covenant merits that don't require vitae or discipline prereqs?
Per the book policy page:
"Finally, no merit listed grants access to template abilities, unique merits (other than those listed here), or powers of other Factions;"
https://wantonwicked.gamingsandbox.com/ ... BookPolicy
If it's on that page, then yes, otherwise no. If there's something you feel SHOULD be on that page, then submit it to the Rulesmaster Feedback request queue.
WW6 Rules Master
randomim
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 am
My Vampire: Gigglefitz the Clown

Post by randomim » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:09 am

Lost Boy merits are listed as supernatural merits, some players however treat them as if they are actually just bleeding edge mundane technology. Can we get a call officially as to how they should be treated? If they are actually on some level magic in nature than they respond to certain effects differently than a regular machine would, such as Kenning and Embassy Wards, and dozens of other abilities. If they are bleeding edge tech than they can probably be interfered with using powers to disrupt machines. Just looking for some guidance
Player of Isabella Qilin Gracia and Pamela Salam
User avatar
ChrisF
Rules Master
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 am

Post by ChrisF » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:22 am

randomim wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:09 am Lost Boy merits are listed as supernatural merits, some players however treat them as if they are actually just bleeding edge mundane technology. Can we get a call officially as to how they should be treated? If they are actually on some level magic in nature than they respond to certain effects differently than a regular machine would, such as Kenning and Embassy Wards, and dozens of other abilities. If they are bleeding edge tech than they can probably be interfered with using powers to disrupt machines. Just looking for some guidance
Theyre supernatural technology. Embassy wards will affect related activation rolla but most of their stuff is permanent. Spells thatd fry the implants or whathaveyou would work but we've ruled get a clash of wills before.
WW6 Rules Master
Hamster
Player
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Hamster » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:49 am

Question, related to Wildwing stuff. The kith blessing is that when in flight the lost's speed is doubled, could you use your turn to dash and effectively double your speed, or add another blast of speed again? And do magical upgrades of your speed count before or after your speed doubles?
User avatar
ChrisF
Rules Master
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 am

Post by ChrisF » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:54 am

Hamster wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:49 am Question, related to Wildwing stuff. The kith blessing is that when in flight the lost's speed is doubled, could you use your turn to dash and effectively double your speed, or add another blast of speed again? And do magical upgrades of your speed count before or after your speed doubles?
Effectively, 'twice your speed' is your base speed for flying. If you're doing nothing but moving in a turn, or the speed's multiplied by a power, that works normally.
WW6 Rules Master
User avatar
Cinn
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by Cinn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Could we allow crafts-related merits/powers to also apply to expression rolls in the same vein the Workshop item listed on the House Rules page work? I sort of assumed crafts would be used towards creating physical art (paintings, sculptures, etc) and expression used for verbal forms of expression (poetry, singing, etc). This was something reinforced by the way the Artist kith (create art with crafts), the hollow Workshop merit (listing 'Paintings' as a specialization applicable to merit), and other abilities were worded, but now I've been informed that's not the case at all.

In short, would it be reasonable to let contracts/spells/powers and merits such as Workshop (the Hollow merit)/Library/etc be used for expression instead of crafts when it makes sense? This seems reasonable since a precedent has been set for the Workshop item: https://wantonwicked.gamingsandbox.com/ ... ules#toc28.
User avatar
ChrisF
Rules Master
Posts: 602
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 am

Post by ChrisF » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Yes, CofD has always had a bad history of not being able to decide on which skill covers artistry of various sorts. The Core CofD book, which we use for 'equipment building', does say it's Expression, even if certain supplements never really did.

As a general rule, anything that says it can apply to a given 'crafts specialty' can apply to ANY specialty that could be used for crafting; this means certain Occult, Expression, Science, and Academics specialties are all valid.

Library, however, is explicitly for mental skills, and given crafting, by default, tends to use single rolls, it rarely applies anyway except for very in depth, complex projects as determined by the RM or STs.
WW6 Rules Master
Post Reply