Changeling and rules changes

Discuss rules and clarifications for Chronicles of Darkness (aka 2nd Edition/2E) publications.

Discussions can include books not available for play in Wanton Wicked.

Moderators: WW7 Rules Master, WW7 Administrators

dave
Player

Re: Changeling and rules changes

Post by dave » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:46 am

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the input guys. I'm still reading over all this stuff and getting used to the new systems, so... Yeah I might have dumb questions.
JillA
Defender of the Faith, Keeper of the Scrolls

Post by JillA » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:05 pm

dave wrote:Makes sense to me. Thanks for the input guys. I'm still reading over all this stuff and getting used to the new systems, so... Yeah I might have dumb questions.
Everyone's getting used to it and there will probably be a lot, specifically for changeling, especially with the book publication upcoming. :)
~Wiki and Forum Admin~
Player Handle: eiragwen
dave
Player

Post by dave » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:32 pm

Do we also have any word yet when we will see more setting info for the Venues? Specifically Courts for changeling.
JillA
Defender of the Faith, Keeper of the Scrolls

Post by JillA » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:18 pm

~Wiki and Forum Admin~
Player Handle: eiragwen
Sciencecat
Integral Player
My Vampire: Sinead Kinsella

Post by Sciencecat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:15 am

Here is a quite radical rule-change compared to the original idea they had for the latest changeling.

Figured it could be good to share, as the updated rules are not added to the larger documents just yet.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main ... ith-update

Effectively, it nerfs Dual-kith by quite a bit, but on the other hand makes it a bit cheaper.
The design idea behind this decision was, apparently, to stop everyone and their mother from going Dual-kith.
MarianneP
Integral Player

Post by MarianneP » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:28 am

Changeling's getting ready for final editing, layouts, etc. Chapter 3 with almost all of the character creation and player mechanics can be found here:
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main ... es-chapter

Updated Kiths and Seemings can be found here:
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main ... ngs-update

If you spot any errors, confusing points, contradictions or whatnot, please post them in those threads. They do get read and things pointed out there will be fixed. It has not gone through a final, professional, editing pass yet but we're getting really close!
gothicmingus
Player

Post by gothicmingus » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:37 pm

So honestly, a small question, cause I am wondering this, but figure i'll be explained more once the site goes up.. but once the book comes up..

What happens when a Vampire drinks changeling blood? or are they treating it as just normal blood like from a mortal.
randomim
My Vampire: Gigglefitz the Clown

Post by randomim » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Yep. This is already discussed, there is no other effects on the vampire that drinks a supernatural creatures blood at this time.
Player of Isabella Qilin Gracia and Pamela Salam
Marcie
Integral Player

Post by Marcie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:46 pm

I have a curious question regarding the Weisse Frau Kith. Currently it's written up as such:
The weisse frau gains three dots in the Telekinesis Merit (p. 174) and pays Glamour or Willpower to activate it, and may substitute Wyrd for the normal dice pool. The cost is waved when Telekinesis is used to defend a child. Weisse frau can benefit from the all-out attack option (see p. 59) when using Telekinesis.
Since children aren't allowed in in the game really as per site policy, could the waved cost of telekinesis be applied to some other social group or situation?
ChrisF
Rules Master

Post by ChrisF » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Not at the moment. You already are gaining a merit changelings already can't get and can use it with a more renewable resource than willpower, as well as with the all-out rules.
WW6 Rules Master
Wolfpact
Integral Player
My Wolf-Blooded: Deirdre Westbay

Post by Wolfpact » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Here's one that relates:

If a Kith grants a Supernatural Merit - Ifrit and Pyrokinesis, Grey and Teepathy, Weisse Frau and Telekinesis, etc. - could said Lost buy that merit up? An Ifrit paying 2 XP to gain Pyrokinesis 5?

Could they buy merits like Psychic Onslaught, or in the case of an Ifrit, the Psychokinetic combat style?
ChrisF
Rules Master

Post by ChrisF » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:11 pm

No (I believe the Dev even confirmed this on the forums but I can't find the link).
WW6 Rules Master
Marcie
Integral Player

Post by Marcie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Okie dokie. I figured I'd ask just to be sure.