Hello out there.

This is an open discussion form for all things related to Wanton Wicked 5.

This is an out of character forum. For in character discussions, check out the The City: Portland, OR category!

Moderators: WW6 Storymasters, WW6 Administrators

Arkayne
Player

Hello out there.

Post by Arkayne » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 am

Hi there. I found your site when trying to google on line Changeling games to play. Real life and work schedule can be rather hectic at times and I've had some success with play by post style games. Am not real sure how things work here though. Does everyone in a scene have to prearrange a time to be online, post together for an hour or two and then close it up? I'm not sure I could do that with any regularity but if scenes were open for a few days for people to drop in on and post a few times I might could manage better.

At any rate I'm an old gamer (heavy on the old, fifty plus) with a lot of experience in WoD and Mage in particular. Ran games for a lot of that time too but am having trouble getting a steady group together to play on the table top anymore. On top of that I'm the care giver for sick members of my family so I get free time to get online and post at really irregular intervals.....like two or three hours in the middle of the night sometimes or an hour or so in the middle of an afternoon. It turns into a fair bit of online time but I usually don't have more than an hours warning of when I'll get it. o.O

All that said from what I've been able to gather it looks like an interesting site. Hopefully I can figure stuff out and participate in some fashion. Any advice, comments or help would be most welcome. I've game a lot but many of the things about computers and online etiquette is still a mystery to me. Think of what it would be like to teach your grandparents to use e-mail and that could kind of describe my skill set here....

Thanks for your time.
Psychoclown
6.0 Architect
My Mortal+: Roy Kozlowski
My Vampire: Jerry Lakin

Post by Psychoclown » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:43 pm

A lot of the RP here is spontaneous. You can ask in the chat lobby if anyone wants to RP of if you see someone online you want to talk with IC, you can request a scene right on the spot. Some scenes are scheduled - usually stuff with the staff and PRPs (player run plots) the lengths of which can vary, but its usually ok to pop out early (as long as it doesn't feel like you're trying to dodge negative IC consequences).

The best advice I can give is to hop on chat and ask any questions you may have. The staff and most of the player base is very friendly and helpful.
TPO Jerry Lakin (Vampire) and Roy Kozlowski (Mortal+)