Criminal PCs needed

This is an open discussion form for all things related to Wanton Wicked 5.

This is an out of character forum. For in character discussions, check out the The City: Portland, OR category!

Moderators: WW6 Storymasters, WW6 Administrators

magus666
Integral Player

Criminal PCs needed

Post by magus666 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:32 am

The Elkins Gang is one of the three main criminal families in the setting (along with the Zhang, and the Russian mafia), and are currently involved in some plot. Do you have a PC who is part of, or associated with the Elkins? Do you have a criminal PC who would like to have ties to the gang, or are you maybe thinking about a new criminal type PC? We need some more to move this plot along.
Paper Tiger
Integral Player
My Changeling: Edsel Lovegrove
My Mortal+: Grace Yi

Post by Paper Tiger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:10 pm

The only thing I remember about the Elkins gang is the little blurb in the neighborhood description stating they were a Changeling gang holding the Kenton neighborhood, which I think a pack of wolves has claimed? I'll admit, I haven't looked at the criminal organisation information on the wiki before. Is there more information, to make it easier for people to know what you're talking about without searching the wiki?
magus666
Integral Player

Post by magus666 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

As per the Wiki -

The Elkins Gang, The Mafia, and The Triad. Near every single piece of the larger criminal underworld, can be tied to one of those three groups. The Mafia carved out a slice of the city for themselves recently, taking hold of the money laundering and arms markets, as well as controlling the slavic section of the prostitution rings. The Triad slipped in earlier, in the mid 50’s around the scandal involving the Elkins Brothers, smoothly taking over the smuggling aspects, underground fighting rings, opium trade, as well as controlling the Asian section of the prostitution rings. Everything else? That’s the Elkins.

Quality Cleaners
It seems almost cliche that the site of a suspected money laundering operation would be housed at a dry cleaning service but indeed if you’re looking for a place to clean something dirty a cash only business like Quality Cleaners is a great option. The store front is clean if not a little cluttered, open typical business hours and closed on Sundays. They offer your typical dry cleaning services, including laundry priced by the pound. For those in the know it’s the delivery services that actually describes the menu of extra services that makes Quality Cleaners the center of the Elkins Gang’s operations.

Kenton Club
The Kenton Neighborhood is currently controlled by the Elkins Gang, and is, in fact, almost synonymous with the crime family. Although the Kenton Laundr-o-Mat (AKA Quality Cleaners) is the gang’s main clearing house for cash and contraband, they control numerous other businesses in the neighborhood, particularly the area around the intersection of N. Denver St., and N. Kilpatrick St. In the 50’s and 60’s, they ran the 8212 Club, but this building is currently empty. Instead, their primary “entertainment” venue is the Kenton Club, just around the corner, with food, drinks, live music and cards. This is attached to the Sweet Science Boxing Gym, the Kenton Liquor Store, and the Kenton Smoke Shop, all owned and operated, through various secondaries, by the Elkins. And everything here is, generally speaking, legal. Not so much so for the row of whitewashed cinder block houses that fill out the rest of the block. These locations house the gang’s drugs and prostitution as well as serving as housing for some of the gang’s soldiers. The local youth gang, the 6 Deuce Bloods, claims independence from the Elkins’, but in reality, is part of the family in all but name, receiving drugs, guns, and protection from the family in return for serviced rendered, including street level dealing, and the occasional violence for which the family requires deniability in front of the other crime families.

The Elkins Gang is NOT a Changeling gang - however, members of that faction might know who really pulls the strings behind the ailing Whitey Martin.

Basically, if you have Status, Allies, Contacts, etc, in the Elkins Gang...I assume you would know that you have it. If you DON'T, then you are probably NOT a member of the family. However, if you are interested in getting some, there are some things going on.
Paper Tiger
Integral Player
My Changeling: Edsel Lovegrove
My Mortal+: Grace Yi

Post by Paper Tiger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Oh, aight. I guess it got lost in the wiki-wipe. I could have sworn there was a bit talking about the Elkins being Gristle court. In any case, I don't actually see me getting involved unless I make a new character. Just was wondering.
Vannex
Integral Player

Post by Vannex » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Kenton Club possibly working with the new Kenton Fitness Club? https://wantonwicked.gamingsandbox.com/ ... exhibition or unrelated?
taurus0510
Integral Player
My Werewolf: Steven Manzano
My Beast: David Harlow

Post by taurus0510 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 am

They are unrelated, just a coincidence they have similar names