Time Policy

This is an open discussion form for all things related to Wanton Wicked 5.

This is an out of character forum. For in character discussions, check out the The City: Portland, OR category!

Moderators: WW6 Storymasters, WW6 Administrators

sevensided
Integral Player

Re: Time Policy

Post by sevensided » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:02 pm

No. If people wish to be /exclusive/ with their scenes, then /THEY/ need not use a public permanent room. I suppose that is the crux of this debate: The idea that the public rooms do not belong the people who were 'in there first'. We have the ability to create temporary rooms for the purpose of exclusion. The Permanent rooms should be inclusive by default (save for the faction specifics). Piling into one of the rooms, like THE EMBASSY, and labeling it a daytime scene to exclude Vampires is just as wrong as coming up with some other conceit to limit the access of Mages to the Tik Toc.

If the default is that these rooms are not inclusive, then we should not have permanent rooms.
Last edited by sevensided on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esquiva

Post by Esquiva » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Well, at any rate its in the admins hands now. Right now the ruling is clearly adherent to server time.
"You'll never be anything if you think the glass is half full. If you want to get ahead in this world, walk into the room and go 'why isn't that fuckin' glass full'."

-Jim Jeffries
Scarecrow
Integral Player

Post by Scarecrow » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:09 pm

I will grant you a fair point in relation to the supernatural rooms. The Embassy and such. Those have always been more inclusive and allowing everyone to pile in whenever they like.

However. Where I disagree with you is that everything should be all inclusive all the time if it's a public room. There should be daylight hours and night time hours. Places like coffee shops have specific hours of operation. You aren't going to find a Starbucks open at eleven at night. It's just not going to happen. And vampires, as the smallest demographic in terms of hours of operation, quite bluntly get the short end of the straw there.

So again, I disagree that everything should always be night. I think rooms should go by server time unless someone wants to make a night or a day room specifically depending on when that time may be.
sevensided
Integral Player

Post by sevensided » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 pm

Scarecrow wrote:Places like coffee shops have specific hours of operation. You aren't going to find a Starbucks open at eleven at night. It's just not going to happen.
There is...one coffee shop, that has a specific proviso for after hours operation. And could readily fall under faction specific (its already marked Changeling), so this is a horrible example that people keep bringing up for some reason. Any other coffee house is going to be a temp created room anyways.
Rini
Integral Player
My Changeling: Devin Warrick

Post by Rini » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:20 pm

So at this point, further discussion will likely only be counterproductive and problematically argumentative. Can I advise holding off on further posts until a ruling is actually made?
Scarecrow
Integral Player

Post by Scarecrow » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:21 pm

I was using it as an example of why more people prefer day rooms to night rooms.

That being said, you still haven't answered why it's such a hassle for you to simply tag your room "Night". It literally requires two seconds of typing.

Or you can go by the server clock, but as you said, that doesn't work for everyone as responsibilities get in the way.
sevensided
Integral Player

Post by sevensided » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Scarecrow wrote: That being said, you still haven't answered why it's such a hassle for you to simply tag your room "Night". It literally requires two seconds of typing..

Because that does not solve the issue of being denied the ability to rp with friends because they're in a public room with others who decided to make it day time.
venaat
6.0 Architect

Post by venaat » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Look I'll agree it does suck not to be included in RP with friends however. And this is a big however, there is nothing stopping the friends you want to rp with from leaving the scene to rp with yourself. That is said as a former vampire player myself. I will say that if a scene is already noted icly as daytime you got to deal. That's the long and short of it. I mean the argument you're using is partially invalid anyways as said friends would be according to your argument already in a room marked day so you wouldn't be rping with them anyways.
Remember a Player is NOT their Character.
LizH
Righteous

Post by LizH » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Until now the Assumption was that ALL rooms are @Night Unless otherwise stated DAYTIME. The Admin have discussed and we are making this a FORMAL Ruling. (With Our Rules Masters Support)
All Rooms are Assumed at Night, unless otherwise Noted as Daytime
If the scene is Daytime it must be noted as Daytime. Permanent rooms can not be noted this way please make a duplicate room with that designation.