We are hiring for key positions:
Story Masters & Narrators
Hiring: 3 Story Masters
The story master is the backbone of 5.0. they guide staff along on a cohesive adventure.
Job Description Summary
- 1-3 Year renewable Position
- Maintain Open & Active Communication with Staff
- Maintain Venue Continuity over the lifespan of 5.0
- Design Venue Structure
- Design Meta Plots for 5.0
- Design Story for Narrators and Kits for Players to use to play out the events falling under the meta plot
- Design Major & Medial NPCs for ST-M and Narrators use.
- Run Major Faction Specific Scenes like Moots, Court, Consilium, etc.
- Sanction/De-sanction Player Characters
- Answer plot/venue specific request tickets
- Resolve disputes between narrators and players or between players
- Issue PPSs
- Additional Roles that may be added later with approval from admin staff
Narrators are the most visible staff members on WantonWicked. With the guidance of Storymasters, Narrators help to create the interactive world in which the characters exist. This rule is activity driven and requires a weekly time commitment to ensure that scenes are running regularly and in a timely manner in order to keep the game active. Some disciplined documentation skills are necessary.
The Narrator’s primary role is to run scenes for characters. These are scenes based on plots by the Narrator or assigned by the Storymaster team to help push plot forward. This includes documenting scene logs and escalating character actions with have a city-wide impact or faction-wide impact to the Storymaster team.
Secondary to scenes, the Narrator’s role includes responding to story-driven requests from players in a timely manner, and ensuring that new characters are sanctioned quickly.
Unlike previous iterations of WantonWicked, a Narrator does not “belong” to a specific venue. Narrators can, and should, be running scenes for any Faction in which they do not have a personal character (3-4 Factions per Narrator). As such, this requires maintaining a current knowledge (though not an expertise) of each faction’s mechanics and House Rules. As such, access to books or PDFs is necessary
If anyone has questions about the positions further please contact the 5.0 Admin Staff.
Brief Job Description:
- 4 months position duration minimum
There is no expectation of working for longer; we wish to avoid burn out.
- Maintain a library of the primary books for each game splat.
- Run 1 planned scene per week (or equivalent 4-5 per month) for 4+ characters.
- Run 2 “drop in” scenes per month as unique NPCs in order to maintain a presence in the game.
- Complete a Scene Report for all scenes (per the template provided) within 2 days of completion.
Update NPC records based on scenes (as applicable and per the template provided) within 2 days of completion.
Hiring: Assistant Narrators
Like above except reduced scene requirements and reduced faction specific story telling obligations. The application for both positions is the same. Please inform staff that you are applying for an assistant position.
Applying is easy. Simply create a request directed to the Admin Group, and apply the applicable Application Template. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and submit!
Sanctioning is Open!
Character Sheets are Live - follow the Sanctioning Guide to create and submit a character.
For those who have been sanctioned using the Interim Process:
In order to convert from the GoogleDocs to the Character Sheets, we're going to need your help, so please review the following steps carefully:
- On Saturday, 2/11, we are going to unlock all currently sanctioned sheets for editing. Included in this process you will be temporarily desanctioned. (Yes, you can STILL play. Just grab an appropriate avatar from the tool in the chat)
- Open your Character Sheet and ensure that your Character TYPE is set correctly. If it is not, set it to the correct Character Type.
- Using your GoogleDocs character sheet, convert your dots, notes, biography and all other sheet information to your Character Sheet.
Please do not make any changes from the current sheet as it is displayed on the GoogleDocs including any submitted XP spends you have submitted.
- Once you have completed transferring all of your character information to the Character Sheets, create and submit a Request:
Title - Character Sheet Update - [Character Name] [Character Type]
Group - SANCTIONING < this is important!
Request Type: ACTION
- Staff members will review to make sure you copied everything from your GoogleDocs to your Character Sheet and it's accurate then your sheet will be Re-sanctioned.