We are hiring for key positions: Narrators and Storymaster.
We need your help! We're aware that Wanton Wicked has been an inactive site for a few months now and as a result a lot of our veteran players may not be aware that we're ramping up again. Please make sure to spread the news. A full staff of volunteers is mandatory for us to launch on time!
Narrators are the most visible staff members on WantonWicked. With the guidance of Storymasters, Narrators help to create the interactive world in which the characters exist. This rule is activity driven and requires a weekly time commitment to ensure that scenes are running regularly and in a timely manner in order to keep the game active. Some disciplined documentation skills are necessary.
The Narrator’s primary role is to run scenes for characters. These are scenes based on plots by the Narrator or assigned by the Storymaster team to help push plot forward. This includes documenting scene logs and escalating character actions with have a city-wide impact or faction-wide impact to the Storymaster team.
Secondary to scenes, the Narrator’s role includes responding to story-driven requests from players in a timely manner, and ensuring that new characters are sanctioned quickly.
Unlike previous iterations of WantonWicked, a Narrator does not “belong” to a specific venue. Narrators can, and should, be running scenes for any Faction in which they do not have a personal character (3-4 Factions per Narrator). As such, this requires maintaining a current knowledge (though not an expertise) of each faction’s mechanics and House Rules. As such, access to books or PDFs is necessary
If anyone has questions about the positions further please contact the 5.0 Admin Staff.
Brief Job Description:
- 4 months position duration minimum
There is no expectation of working for longer; we wish to avoid burn out.
- Maintain a library of the primary books for each game splat.
- Run 1 planned scene per week (or equivalent 4-5 per month) for 4+ characters.
- Run 2 “drop in” scenes per month as unique NPCs in order to maintain a presence in the game.
- Complete a Scene Report for all scenes (per the template provided) within 2 days of completion.
Update NPC records based on scenes (as applicable and per the template provided) within 2 days of completion.
Hiring: Additional Storymasters (1-2)
Position Note: We are experimenting with an entirely new staff structure. Storyteller Masters will not have a venue of their own. The entire team will be working together to design all aspects of the Portland venue Factions ((Changeling, Mage, Mortal, Vampire, Werewolf)) as well as designing plot outlines to be carried out by the Narrators.
If anyone has further questions about the position please contact the 5.0 Admin Staff.
Brief Job Description
- 1-3 Year renewable Position
- Number of ST-Ms to be hired 3-5
- Maintain Open & Active Communication with Staff
- Maintain Venue Continuity over the lifespan of 5.0
- Design Venue Structure
- Design Meta Plots for 5.0
- Design Kits for Narrators and Players to use to play out the events falling under the meta plot
- Design Major & Medial NPCs for ST-M and Narrators use.
- Sanction/De-sanction Player Characters
- Answer plot/venue specific request tickets
- Resolve disputes between narrators and players or between players
- Issue PPSs
- Additional Roles that may be added later with approval from admin staff
Applying is easy. Simply create a request directed to the 5.0 Group, and apply the applicable Application Template. Answer the questions to the best of your ability and submit!